Do you have sensitive eyes that get easily irritated or tear and make your makeup run? Here are some tips that may help.
1. Pick hypoallergenic eye makeup without fragrances or irritating chemicals (ethylene brassylate, denatured or SD alcohol and parabens).
I like eyeliner, waterproof mascara and eyeshadows from these brands:
- Beauty Counter
- La Roche-Posay
- Dr. Hauschka
2. Creamy eyeshadows may work better than powder ones as they don’t flake
3. Avoid lining the eyelids inside the lash line with eyeliner
4. Fake eyelashes or eyelash extensions may be further irritating to the eyes
5. Wash makeup brushes once a month
6. Throw away mascaras and eyeliners 4-6 months after opening
7. Use anti-allergy drops or an oral anti-histamine if wearing heavy eye makeup for a special occasion
8. Consult your ophthalmologist or eye care provider if your eyes are constantly red and irritated for diagnosis & treatment
Case ID: 3234