The Best Eyelid Wrinkles Treatments
Because the eye area is expressive and susceptible to early aging and sun damage, it is also prone to expression lines and wrinkles. But fear not! Here are the five signs of aging around the eyes and some of the best eyelid wrinkles treatment options.
The five signs of eye area aging
When you begin to notice the following, you might start exploring your eyelid wrinkles treatment options:
- Skin discoloration: Dark spots and pigmentation changes on the cheeks, just under the eyes, signify that you need more sunscreen.
- Expression lines: Squinting, smiling, and scowling causes the muscles around the eyes to contract, pushing and pulling on the skin to create lasting wrinkles. Some examples are Crow’s feet, parallel 11 lines between the brows, and forehead creases.
- Heavy upper eyelids: Extra skin on the upper eyelids can cause them to appear heavy, as can the appearance of extra skin caused by sagging and the weight of the forehead pushing downward.
- Under-eye aging: Under-eye bags are caused by loosening skin and excess fat deposits under the eyes. Thinning skin on the eyelids and under the eyes creates fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tear trough lines: Tear trough lines are deep creases that form under the eyes. Lack of subcutaneous fat in a naturally concave inner eyelid area with thin skin creates hollows and shadowing.
Eyelid surgery rejuvenates the eye area
Visible signs of aging, including eyelid hooding and heaviness, crepey skin, and atrophy of the youthful upper eyelid fat, can have the following adverse effects:
- The eyes appear droopy and tired
- It’s challenging to apply makeup
- The eyelashes are hidden
- Obscured vision
Additionally, bulging fat pockets can cause eyelid bags and puffiness, while skin discoloration and volume loss cause dark circles under the eyes.
Eyelid rejuvenation commonly includes an eyelid lift. Blepharoplasty tightens sagging skin on or around the eyelids to achieve a more youthful, lifted appearance. It can be performed on the upper or lower eyelids, or Dr. Levin can address both during the same procedure. The result is larger-looking, more appealing eyes.
Under-Eye/Tear-Trough Filler provides volume to hollows
Dr. Levin can treat undereye hollows causing dark circles with dermal fillers designed to add volume to the area under the eye. Dr. Levin only uses hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers around the eyes, as few meet FDA requirements to be used in the eyelids. The goal of treatment is to create a smooth transition between the eyelid and the cheek, also known as tear troughs, improving or eliminating the dark depression and separation between the two areas.
Sculptra® replenishes collagen for fewer wrinkles
Sculptra® is a unique type of dermal filler, called a biostimulator, that stimulates your body to produce collagen and replace lost volume. Sculptra® is made of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), biocompatible and naturally absorbed by the body.
You’ll get natural-looking results because your body produces new collagen to fill the hollow areas and wrinkles. This revolutionary dermal filler restores and maintains volume harmoniously and naturally without the risk of looking unnatural or overdone.
Treat your eyelid wrinkles with The Eyelid Expert
Dr. Flora Levin is a true eyelid expert. As a board-certified oculofacial plastic surgeon, she deeply understands the eyes and facial anatomy beyond that of a general plastic surgeon. Pairing her knowledge with the experience gained from thousands of procedures, she crafts techniques to help patients look refreshed and revitalized.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn about your eyelid wrinkles treatment options!